A new post on my Bible and Mission blog highlighting an important new book on missional hermeneutics.
Michael Gorman has a new book out that approaches Paul’s letters from a missional perspective, Becoming the Gospel: Paul, Participation, and Mission. It is published by Eerdmans and is part of the Gospel and Our Culture Series.
In an interview on the Eerdmans blog he is asked to describe the book in 20 words: ‘Paul calls us not only to believe the gospel but also to become the gospel and thereby to advance the gospel.’
Here is the contents and publisher description:
Invitation: Becoming the Gospel
1. Paul and the Mission of God
2. Reading Paul Missionally
3. Becoming the Gospel of Faith(fulness), Love, and Hope: 1 Thessalonians
4. Becoming and Telling the Story of Christ: Philippians
5. Becoming the Gospel of Peace (I): Overview
6. Becoming the Gospel of Peace (II): Ephesians
7. Becoming the Justice of God: 1 & 2 Corinthians
8. Becoming the Gospel of God’s…
View original post 192 more words